College of Teacher Education
Bachelor of Elementary Education
At the end of four years, the prospective elementary school teacher shall be able to:
- Equip students with mastery and pedagogical skills to enable them pass Licensure Examination for Teachers.
- Develop desired qualities of an effective teacher in the elementary level who is gender sensitive and environment conscious.
- Undertake research activities to improve quality instruction in the elementary.
- Disseminate research result to teachers and other concerned individuals and institutions.
- Provide relevant and innovative instructional materials for effective teaching.
- Conduct continuing non-formal education and other relevant extension activities for the improvement of life in the community.
Bachelor of Secondary Education
The BSE program aims to:
- Produce competent teachers in the secondary level equipped with relevant pedagogical skills and content.
- Provide prospective teachers opportunities to conduct and disseminate educational researches.
- Inculcate in the students positive attitude and desirable values to become role models in the community.
- Undertake relevant extension services through the conduct of continuing and non-formal education programs.
- Spearhead curriculum changes to meet the needs of a dynamic society.
- Produce graduates capable of passing the Licensure Examination for Teachers.
Bachelor of Culture and Arts Education
The BCAEd program shall have graduates that are able to:
- Teach effectively and efficiently culture and arts by applying the learned principles and theories in education.
- Preserve and understand local culture and arts of the diverse community of the province through the duplicate of inherited art forms.
- Manage development programs and projects that promote the local converging culture and arts of the lowland and upland communities of the province.
- Conduct researches on the historic culture and arts to create new knowledge.
- Create new art forms from the dynamic and developing culture of the community.